What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Add Christmas tree background please ☺

Lola_gray7

Please help, i have no editing skills! I would like to add a christmas tree background to the attached photo of my bf and I. If you are able to use the Christmas tree photo I attached that would be great but a similar one will be fine. Also I would like to remove the glare from his glasses and sharpen our images.

I'm just looking to make a nice holiday themed profile pic. Thanks in advance for your help and your time.

Attachments

• 20171118_221345.jpg
    20171118_221345.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20171118_221920.jpg
    20171118_221920.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 17
The picture of your BF and yourself is out of focus. Do you have another pic or do you really want to use that pic?

Hi viewtiful, I know it's not the best pic but I really would like to use this one. The background is more important to me than the quality of the pic. Thanks for responding!

Hi. I gave this a shot, but there are several unavoidable problems because you are attached to these particular images.
1. Because the left side of your body is cut off in the portrait photo, I had no choice but to place you in the lower-right corner of the room photo, which is not ideal positioning and blocks most of the front Christmas tree.
2. I thought of making the you and the BF larger, but that starts to block-out most of the room, which you seem to want.
3. The portrait photo is not simply out of focus. It looks like somebody attempted to use Surface-Blur in Photoshop. I took a shot at sharpening and adding some texture, but the surface blur was poorly done and there was little to work with. If you happen to have the original, unretouched photo available, that would be better.
4. The composition looks obviously photoshopped because the room is in much sharper focus than the people. In most portraits it's the other way around.

Sorry to be so negative. Hope this is what you wanted.

Attachments

• Christmas.jpg
    Christmas.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 8
Hi Rich 54! Thank you so much for responding to my request. The original image hasn't been photoshopped, it's just a poor quality cell phone photo...I'm not good at selfies lol. While I am attached to this image of us, the tree was just an example. I didn't want us put into the room, I wanted us left just as we are with a tree (any tree) filling the background behind us....don't even want to see the whole tree, just the background filled with lights and branches. The tree could even be a little blurred to so it matches us better. Would this be something that would be easier to do and less obviously photoshopped?
Thanks again for your help!

P.S. I just noticed....you actually did sharpen us up quite nicely. And it wasn't negative, just honest feedback. I appreciate you for that!

Ok, I like this version a lot better. Hope this is good.

Attachments

• Christmas v2.png
    Christmas v2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 12

Back