What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Advice on how to get first image to look similar to secound

KingEDIt

A764441A-B05C-49BE-A6DA-4BB5E3A090C5.jpeg9935BC91-26DE-4399-BA2C-1A0F309B58A1.jpeg
Hey guys, I have been trying for some time now, to try and get the effects of the secound photo in the first one. ( effect of dots and light) I want to get that effect in the first image and don’t want the first image to be completely black but have more of a look like the first one.

If anyone could show me how or explain it to me that would be great. And currently I am using the iOS photoshop apps,mix and fix so preferably need help with Those apps.

Thank you.👍🏽

Not sure if this is exactly what you want, but had a quick go at this. The effect you are looking for is called bokeh. You can find a lot of "bokeh textures" that are premade by searching.

I generated one using this tool, it's useful because you can set the parameters for how you want it to look:
https://codepen.io/ajm13/full/Bvczj

Cloned the background image layer and added some motion blur to the clone that sites on top of the non-blurred layer. Added a layer mask to remove blur from the focus point (the weld).

Dropped the bokeh texture on top and set it to "Lighten" blending mode. Masked some of it off around the image edges.

You can get it to look a lot better if you spend more time on it.

A764441A-B05C-49BE-A6DA-4BB5E3A090C5.jpg

Back