What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Aged photos with discolouration...

LuisM-76

Hi,

I'm restoring an old picture and I've come across this similar issue a lot. This particular picture is a classic example (see attached). As you can see the arm of the elderly woman to the left has got a purple arm. Can someone advise or provide a link or something that will help me learn to help get this back to an original skin tone. Obviously I'm not expected miracles but anything anyone can advise or help with would be great.

I'm working through hundreds of these as they were scanned form old family slides so if I can learn how to do this it would really help a lot.

Thanks in advance,
Luis

IMG00802.jpg

If you have a newer version of PS, have a look at THIS and the Neural/Colourize filter. I used both and concentrated on grandma (?) only while applying with a hide-all mask. For missed colour or tones, try painting on a blank layer in colour mode.Colour-adjust.jpg

Back