What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

align function missing

meamjw

I am using CS 5 and used to have an align button but can no longer find it. I did a full reset but made no difference. As I recall it worked with the brush tool and seemed to have a little sensor about 1/4 inch away from the brush that detected the brightness level at the sensor location then matched that level at the brush. I would like to have that again.

I have CS5, as well, but I have never heard of the align button you're describing associated with the brush tool. I also have a very detailed CS5 manual that I bought way back when, and it makes no mention of such a button.

The closest thing I can think of for what you're describing is the Align button associated with the Clone Stamp. When you sample source pixels for the clone stamp, the Align button can be checked—or not—and controls what happens to the source pixels as you move the clone stamp onto different parts of the image. Coincidentally, there is an ongoing discussion of this particular Align button in a thread started a few days ago:

Maybe this is what you think of.

there is no Align button in Photoshop 2022 and I don't remember it in CS6, but there has always been a "Align under the Layers Menu, when you select several layers. also works on text laters.. when aligning letters I have them as seperate layers.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 11.35.14am.jpg

forgot to say that menu will be greyed out until you select two or more layers... regards, Sandy

Back