What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amateur looking to improve

mazzammazzam

Hi

I've been fiddling about with some manipulation requests on reddit and get quite a lot out of it, so I'm looking to practice, improve and get a thorough understanding of Photoshop (and GIMP - hope that's not a bad thing to mention around these here parts!!)

Anyway, I'll probably do some very slow work on some free requests whilst I try to upskill to the point that I understand the proper use of layers to probably make 90% of my work 900% faster.

Ciao for now

Hi mazzammazzam and welcome to PSG.
Beside the free requests you can also post some of your other work...

Thanks, Eggy - I've just worked on free requests for other people so far, so wouldn't feel right about sharing without explicit permission to do so. But I'm looking forward to posting stuff for feedback/criticism when I find some images that can be shared more widely or have been in response to public 'challenges'
(I lose all inspiration for post-editing when working on photos I've taken, so I take it out on those who can actually take a photo with potential!)

Thank you both for the welcome - I've got a lot to learn, so it's nice to be in a place surrounded by expertise!

Hello and welcome to PSG.

If your intentions are to only do free edits here in this forum, you will find that you will not receive vital feedback that could possibly help you improve and increase your knowledge of Photoshop. You would be better served by showing your work in another forum that's designed for critiques.

Just as it is here, if your past work was done on reddit, then it's a matter of public record and you can post links to the requests that you participated in.

Thanks Sam - I'm really at the stage where practice will improve what I do no matter what feedback I get, to be honest. I need a mixture of all sorts, really - requests to work on (this place seems ideal), tutorials on technique (got plenty of those lined up) and any feedback I can get.
I appreciate the tip about previous posted work being a matter of public record - that'll help me widen the area I can pull from for future references if necessary!

I'm really at the stage where practice will improve what I do no matter what feedback I get, to be honest.
I think this explains it for you. Thanks.

I appreciate the tip about previous posted work being a matter of public record - that'll help me widen the area I can pull from for future references if necessary!
Great! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your past work. You can just post links or the actual images here.

Back