What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creative Animate my hand (video or GIF) - Magic on Platform 9 3/4 King's Cross

Ven

Hello, I know animation on still pictures can be done in Photoshop. So I'd like if someone can animate my right hand (that I'm holding up) as if I'm waiving it around creating a magic spell. No need to add a wand (unless you feel like it). I'd really love if you can animate the hand in a motion like the GIF I added from a Digimon clip below (Beelzemon drawing a star in the sky) glyph. If you could do it just like that and overlay that glyph (or make your own lines) that'd be awesome. :wizard:

20211125_210257.jpg stargif.gif

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey. I haven't forgotten about this, I just haven't had the chance to really work on it.

I really enjoy GIF challenges, but free time is at a premium for me. Here's where I am so far......

MagicGlyph_03.gif

Note: I don't see any real easy method to animate your hand movement without reference photos of your hand/arm in up, down, left, right positions. Or maybe you flicking a wand in those positions.

Ven

Hey. I haven't forgotten about this, I just haven't had the chance to really work on it.

I really enjoy GIF challenges, but free time is at a premium for me. Here's where I am so far......

Note: I don't see any real easy method to animate your hand movement without reference photos of your hand/arm in up, down, left, right positions. Or maybe you flicking a wand in those positions.

Love it. I hadn't thought about the different hand positions. Since the hand is already blurred giving it a little motion in the picture, I could add a bit of "Shake" to the original photo in Premiere which would further add motion, then overlay your GIF on top. :cool:

I love what you've done so far. I could even pause the gif/video clip when the glyph is fully drawn, and brighten the lines (during the shake sequence) as if it's powering up.