What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Animated PNG and Animated Avatars

Also you can have animated png files, but not animated jpeg. APNG's are a handy way of getting round not being able to use a animated gif on websites like deviant art, or as avatars on forums, unfortunately not this forum. I'm not sure why animations are not allowed for avatars if there is a file size restriction placed on them.

I moved this to it's own thread in site suggestions.

We DO allow animated avatars, but they need to be equal to or less than the maximum pixel dimensions of 150px W x 250px H or else they will be resized and the animation will be lost.

If you have additional questions let me know.

No I didn't check the file size after converting from gif to png. I'll have to do one with less frames in so I can get more detail in.
Thanks for pointing it out, though I must look a bit stupid making such a school boy error.

i try to upload .gif avatar 59 x 50 and the size is 6 kb

"You may not upload animated images."

lol... it's ok.. :)

Hi david, thanks for letting me know. I'll check into this because it should be possible for you to have an animated avatar.

I've got the same message. 16kb avatar. Maybe there is restriction of frame count (it have 105, but image size fit to rules)?

Animated PNG format or APNG is not very well supported by browsers. Use Flash or GIFs.

How to create an Animated gif (Video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z93Z1v5dy…

Also you can have animated png files, but not animated jpeg. APNG's are a handy way of getting round not being able to use a animated gif on websites like deviant art, or as avatars on forums, unfortunately not this forum. I'm not sure why animations are not allowed for avatars if there is a file size restriction placed on them.

Back