What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to have a dehaze function in CS6?

Chunmon

Computer : Windows 10 Home 64 bit.
Photoshop : CS6
Camera Raw : version 7
Image file : jpeg

My question: Any way to have a dehaze function in CS6?

The Dehaze feature in Photoshop cc is very convenient.
Is there any way to maneuver CS6 having a similar ability?

Thanks.

Chunmon

In CS6, I use an action I wrote which you may have for free if you want it. After you run it, you can adjust effect by using the sliders on the new layers.
It's HERE if you want to download it.
Another way I use is to copy the layer and add a LEVELS adjustment layer. Click on the RGB Channels box and select RED. Drag the outer sliders to where the darker sections start and then do the same for the GREEN and BLUE areas. When you have adjusted the three channels your image will be sligtly brighter with less haze. Here is what I mean ... Let me know if any of these work for you.

Red Channel Adjustment.
RED.jpg
Green Channel Adjustment.
GREEN.jpg
Blue Channel Adjustment.
BLUE.jpg

In CS6, I use an action I wrote which you may have for free if you want it. After you run it, you can adjust effect by using the sliders on the new layers.
It's HERE if you want to download it.
Another way I use is to copy the layer and add a LEVELS adjustment layer. Click on the RGB Channels box and select RED. Drag the outer sliders to where the darker sections start and then do the same for the GREEN and BLUE areas. When you have adjusted the three channels your image will be sligtly brighter with less haze. Here is what I mean ... Let me know if any of these work for you.

Red Channel Adjustment.
View attachment 82647
Green Channel Adjustment.
View attachment 82646
Blue Channel Adjustment.
View attachment 82645
Thank you Mr. Izac.

Yes, I too use the Levels to adjust my images' contrast which will somehow reduce some haze.
But I am looking for an easy way out.

Have downloaded the "action" from your site.
Will you please provide a guide to install or drop in the "action" into CS6?
Thank you.

Chunmon

Mr. Isac

Have had the Isac's DE-HAZE plugged into CS6's Actions and found it therein.
What must I do to use it properly?
Do you have tutorials for this?

Thanks.

Chunmon

1. Load your Photo into Photoshop.
2. Locate the action set called "Isac Images DE-HAZE"
3. Click the small arrow to the left of the set to open it.
4. You will now see the action "Isac's DE-HAZE"
5. Click on the "Play" button at the bottom of the actions palette.
6. After the action has completed, click on the "De-Haze Adjustment Layers" group.
7. You will see 2 layers: 1, "Dehaze Curve" and 2, "Dehaze 01" which has Smart Filters and High Pass layers.

When either of these 2 layers is selected, you can change the "Opacity %" to adjust the effect.

1: The "Dehaze Curve" layer is set to NORMAL Mode and 80% Opacity.
DeHaze-1.jpg
2: The "Dehaze 01" layer is set to VIVID LIGHT Mode and 70% Opacity.
DeHaze-2.jpg

Thank you very much Mr. Isac.
I have just copied your instructions and will try it soon.
Again, thank you.
Chunmon

Back