What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applying Clipping Mask To Several Layers

siderealxxx

Hi, I'm applying texture to some text with a clipping mask, but I can only get it to apply to the layer directly below and not several layers (4 in this instance). I can do it by converting the text layers to a smart object but then I can't edit. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi, I'm applying texture to some text with a clipping mask, but I can only get it to apply to the layer directly below and not several layers (4 in this instance). I can do it by converting the text layers to a smart object but then I can't edit. Any ideas? Thanks!
Select all the text layers and put them in a group. Then clip your texture layer to the group. It will affect all of the text layers inside the group. The text layers don't need to be smart objects. Just normal text.

Back