What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATTENTION! -- About extra pages on large threads!

theKeeper

Guru
As you may all know, the Forum has had its share of troubles lately. Just 20 minutes ago i had typed out this same message, but while tidying up around here i screwed something up and had to reInstall a backup i made, so it got lost.

Needless to say at this moment i'm not a happy camper. :{

Anywhooo...
The current issue with the Forum has to do wtih threads that have over 115 posts in them. For whatever reason these specific threads are getting extra pages added to them that are bogus - ala empty - ala don't actually exist.

This is very frustrating for me because here's very little i can do but to try and seek help for this, and i'm not getting any to speak of from the people at phpBB.com. I must say, their support system bites.

So trust me... i've just spent all day/night (now it's 5am here) working on the board to no avail and i realize this problem with posting is irritating, and i apologize for this inconvenience right now, but it's more so a pain in the buttocks for me than anyone else -- because i also have to deal with it AND try to fix it.

It should be noted though that although this issue is an inconvenience... it in no way cripples the Forum from operating. So although i hate this problem as much as the next person, i can only work on it when i can squeeze out the time. This is not as important as paying the bills... correct? ;)

I appreciate your patients people. Hang tight, i'll get it sorted out soon i hope.

Mark...

TEMPORARY WORKAROUND

Here's a workaround that will at the least, make it so you don't have to click the page number links to get to the latest post in a thread.

When you wish to view a thread (particularly a large one with several pages), instead of clicking the "latest post" link or the last page number (which for big threads just leads to an error message), just change the "Sort Order" in the menu at the top of each page. See my example image below.

This will reverse the order that the posts are displayed in, which will bring the newest posts to the top of the first page in the thread. I actually prefer this sorting order myself. It's simpler and more logical to me.

However... there is to date no permanent way to change this to the default setting. But i'm about to install a new Mod that might fix all that -- cross your fingers, it may even fix this whole problem. :perfect:

Let's hope! 8}

Back