What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automating a few things?

vertigo

Hi :)

i'm trying to automate a few functions, my english is not the best but i will try to explain as best i can.

let's say i have a picture shown as below

clipboard1df9.png

what i would like to do is to export each window, to separate files, with the white parts cropped. i can do it manually by using the magic wand on the white area in between, then inversing the selection. that way all the windows are selected perfectly. but to save each one as a separate file is a nuisance.

by the way the purpose of this task is to get a comic i have scanned to an ipod for viewing. i can do the cropping/resizing afterwards no troubles, it's just getting the individual 'windows' as separate files.

hope you can help, thankyou! :) :)

Hi vertigo, welcome. :perfect:

There's not a lot of automation you can do.
I would remove the white first with the magic wand tool. Then I would crop a specific part and use image/trim to cut off the eges and would then save it with Save for web. After that I would press Ctrl + Alt + Z (Command + Option + Z on the Mac) twice and repeat the steps for the other parts. Turning those steps into an action can save you some time.

I know, it's not super automated, but I can't come up with any easier way. :)

Hi!
Look for file>automate>crop and straighten. It'll do everything you want!

Back