What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automating and Scripting a Weekly Schedule Template PSD

samsonnenberg

Is it possible to script a PSD to update a weekly schedule template that has multiple changing values each day? There will be a different amount of events on each day every week that I will import using a spreadsheet. It will be formatted in vertical columns, and because the events are changing each week, objects will need to move around the document. For example, if there are 3 events on Monday, the Tuesday header will need to be right below the final event on Monday. Moreover, if the events/header go below a certain x/y value, a new column will need to be made. I have attached an example of what the PSD should look like when everything is in the correct place.

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 12.53.09 PM.png

I think this is possible (whole automation with a resource file) under certain conditions:
1) It would take one column per day, so 7 columns. The size in height of the whole will therefore depend on the day having the most activities;
2) The font must be specified;
3) The final width of the document must be given;
4) the external resource file must be in text format (Excel CSV for example).

It will be very difficult (a too complex math problem) if the first condition is not accepted.
Excuse my poor English.

Back