What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bacground and transparancy issues

rhunt

Issues on PS not me. Boy do I need help. I am trying to make one of those smilie faces like the ones here. I am on a forum that asked to make some so I have one but it shows the white background and they have it allready on the board. Which is imbaressing since they gave all the credit to me. I am working with PS 6 and have done everything I was told to do and a couple things I tried myself but I think I messed it up even more. What I need to do is have the background transparent. I have done the expot transparent image and have tried a couple suggestons but nothing is working for me. The forum I am on has allot of different styles and colors to choose from and need this to blend in with any of them. Can anybody help. I am going insane trying to fix this. The only thing I have accomplished is changing the background color from beige to white.
If anybody would please help I would appreciate it very much. The link that I have it on is
http://home.earthlink.net/~dhunt36033/_wsn/page3.html

It is the first one of the doctor with the background all messed up. If you double click on it it will show up great but on white background only.
If anybody could give any tips on what to do or just a straight fix I would be very greatful. I know I have Oh so much more to learn in PS but this one I just can't get by trial and error. Only error. [confused]
Thanks,
Rhunt

this is a straight forward gif rhunt, you need to make sure that you have your smillie face only with a transparent background (nothing behind the smillie I mean) then go to file........ save for web.......... and change the jpg to gif then click save
hope you can understand that :D it is very early in the morning here and I have only had one coffee to wake up so far he he he
sfm

When you save for the web in Photoshop, make sure you choose GIF as Sue said, AND check the box next to transparency.

Important: Be sure your smilie is on a separate, transparent layer. It doesn't matter what color the original background layer is; just hide it when you save for web.

Back