What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific background change

I couldn't figure out how to take the existing background and then expand it into the rest of the image to fill-in all the missing spaces. Instead, I attempted to re-create the entire background from scratch. It's not precisely identical to the original, but I think it's pretty close. Hope it's ok. Maybe someone else can do better.

Fighter2.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to take the existing background and then expand it into the rest of the image to fill-in all the missing spaces. Instead, I attempted to re-create the entire background from scratch. It's not precisely identical to the original, but I think it's pretty close. Hope it's ok. Maybe someone else can do better.

View attachment 114599
This is great thank you

@Rich54 made the best choice in rebuilding the background.
Just to see what's possible and acceptable, I took a different route and made a rough try using the existing images.
- Jeff
wrestler with background 8b.jpg

Jeff, that's really good. How did you do it?
Hi Rich - Since there was a huge hole when I masked out the crowned wrestler, I ended up just stretching out the background from the corner until it filled the frame behind the wrestler with the upraised arm. Then I just duplicated the background again, masked it, and just painted part of it back in on the side.
I also tried another trick but not sure if it helped - I converted the original images to 16 bit, made my changes, and then when I had the images edited and composited, converted back to 8 bit. That may have helped when I stretched the background out. It's something that I saw used to prevent banding.
Not sure it if all would work but worth a shot. Ended up a different take on the original background.
Recreating the background as you did would give the OP something closer to his original though.
- Jeff

Back