What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Processing - RAW to JPEG in CS3

kappabear

Hi folks,

I recently upgraded to CS3 form CS2. Over the weekend, I spent several hours tweaking about 200 RAW images in Bridge, that I need to convert to JPGs. I used a batch action that I created some time back in CS2 to convert the images from RAW (basically open and do a Save As as JPG), but it didn't pick up any of the tweaks that I made to the images during the conversion process, because I had Ignore or Suppress Open Dialog checked. I unchecked that open and re-ran the script but am now being prompted to open each image. I then modified the action to include the open command. Running the script now still doesn't quite seem to work as I'd expected. The only tweak it seems to pick up are the crops, but it doesn't process any of the tonal/color balance tweaks. Each image has the modification icon on them, indicating that changes were made, but the Photoshop Batch command isn't using them. Any suggestions on how to get this to work? I'm also very open to any other suggestions one may have on converting adjusted Camera RAW images to JPEG.

Thanks,

Kappabear

IrfanView has an option to convert picture types en masse. not sure if its exactly what you need because i don't know how to do batch conversions in CS2, but yo umight want to check it out.

I had the same problem with CS3 batch. Try using 'Image Processor'. You can still use your existing actions....at least it worked for me.

John

Back