What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blurred air plane propeller???

kevin

I would like to know if anyone out there knows how to create a blurred propeller.

Welcome to the forum, kevin.

One quick way is to create a circular selection the same diameter of the prop on a new layer below the prop layer and filled with 50 % gray. Lower the opacity to suit.

For added effect, copy the prop on a new layer, rotate it 45 degrees and lower the layer opacity.

It may not be the best way, but a quick one I can think of right now. Unless I go to the airport in the morning to see how a spinning prop really looks like and re-create it in PS ;) .

Hope this helps you.

vee

nice answer there VEE! :perfect: :perfect: KEVIN , if you have the time, check out our tutorial on motion trails, hope that helps and best of luck to yeah :D :D

Welcome aboard Kevin! :) I apologize for having missed your thread up until now! ;\ How did you make out with your 'propeller in motion'? [confused] I like Vee's explanation and would only add that you might want to "feather" the edges a bit so that the edge isn't quite so hard. ;)

oooooowwwwww shucks I missed this thread ;\
sorry he he he
welcome aboard Kevin
sfm

Back