What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone help read this message?

photoscoo

A friend of mine is working on a video project that includes the attached slide.

He would like to know what the sign reads that the guy is holding. I have tried to help him but I can't make it out either.

Do any of you know any tricks that might reveal what this says?

crescentyellowsign_3000.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Which sign?

The Bottom sign reads, "RG Zephyr" or Rio Grand Zephyr at the top..................can't make out the rest.

There is literally no pixel information on the second sign the guy in the middle right is holding. You can only guess as to what it reads.

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 1.11.52 PM.png

photoscoo

The second sign.

I have uploaded the full-res scan. Link is in the next post. I don't know if that helps at all though.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
File will not open for me...............maybe someone else will get it to open.

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi @phtoscoc
If it won't open for you, I think you can change the file extension to .tif and open it.
I was just going to ask you to save it to TIFF. If you are using Flexscan to create the FFF I don't think Camera Raw supports that in Photoshop.
I could not open it either nor find software to convert your FFF file to TIFF for my MacBook Pro M1
John Wheeler

photoscoo

Hi John. I am on a Mac here myself.

I just renamed the file extension to .tif and photoshop opens it for me.

photoscoo

Wow John that is tantalizing. Thankfully the secret to immortality was not written on that sign (I don't think!).

I told the person who took this photo that he might have better luck trying to track down who the person is rather than trying to decipher the sign.

Thanks again John!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The photo was taken by Dennis Toeppen and titled, "1983 RGZ Final"

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 3.49.45 PM.png

I told the person who took this photo that he might have better luck trying to track down who the person is rather than trying to decipher the sign.
Did Dennis offer any clues as to what this was...........as in a protest or was it just some advertising? Was it near a town? Any possible location?

I searched everything I could on the photo and did not find anything.
Just so you know, I also ran the image through every possible variation with no success. Just little to no pixel information.
Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 3.53.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 3.54.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 3.54.28 PM.png

photoscoo

Appreciate the effort IamSam!

This was the last run of the Rio Grande Zephyr. A lot of people turned out for it. The location is well known.

I suggested to Dennis that he post this photograph on some of the railfan forums and facebook groups. I think he has a fairly good shot at finding someone who knows who the person holding the sign is - or maybe bumping into the man himself.