What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Can someone fix the quality of this picture?

TBR17

Can someone fix this picture so that it doesn't look grainy/old and the facial features are more visible? Thanks.

b2IMG_0004 (1).jpg

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi TBR17
It took a bit of work yet here is my best shot at it. The first image is side by side before and after result of an enlarged portion of the face of the second from the right person. Reversing what appears to be a scan of newspaper/magazine half tone print not the easiest and has limitations yet I believe a decent improvement. I also included a 1500 pixel tall version of the full image with these improvements, tone and color adjustments as well
John Wheeler

berfore-and-after-quality-improvement.jpg

improve-quality-full-size-adj.jpg

TBR17

Hi TBR17
It took a bit of work yet here is my best shot at it. The first image is side by side before and after result of an enlarged portion of the face of the second from the right person. Reversing what appears to be a scan of newspaper/magazine half tone print not the easiest and has limitations yet I believe a decent improvement. I also included a 1500 pixel tall version of the full image with these improvements, tone and color adjustments as well
John Wheeler

View attachment 97229

View attachment 97230
Thanks a lot, looks much clearer.