What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can this be done?

dazco

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knew if i could do this. Say i've got a bunch of text layers.......a songlist to be exact. So i've got the songs all listed one below the other and numbered like this.......

1)-such and such
2)- the photoshop song (*S*)
3)-well........you get the idea.

Anyway, when i try to line them up perfectly using the move feature and the arrow keys, they don't line up perfectly. Not so much that your eye can detect how much each on is out of line, but when you look at the whole list it tends to look crooked. Is the a way to automatically make them line up perfectly?

Thanks all....

First, link all your Text layers. Then go to the Layer Menu: Align Linked. You'll probably want to align left edges. That will do it. You can also distribute the space between them. If they're in a list (one under the other) choose Distribute Linked: Vertical centers.

Remember, the "base" layer, that the others will be aligned to, is the active layer in the layer palette.

Julie your right on the ball - I was just about to post the same info :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you Julie for that very quick answer.....worked like a charm ! (i shoulda figured it out myself[confused] )

Thanks!

Back