What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can this effect be done in photoshop?

horsemouth

Hi Guys,
I've seen these type of shots in these funny animal calenders, where the head seems to be big and the body very small.
Could I do this in photoshop?, as I would like to achieve this with my pug dog photo's.

200400001987_fc.jpg

200400002061_fc.jpg

Kind Regards Horse

There is probally an easier way to do it, but if it was me I would do the following. I would use the lasso tool, to select your dogs head and then press (crtl+J) to create a new layer with only the head on it. After that I would use the "scale" tool to increase the size of his head. That is where I would start and go from there. Maybe if you post a picture of your dog, one of us could help you out.

Keith

Keith, this type of effect [second pic] is usually called "eyefish lens" and
can be achieved by the use of special lens when you photograph.
You can try to reproduce it in Ps using the liquify tool, or maybe some of the distort filters [displace, spherize].
I've done this kind of effect on a picture of myself a long time ago...
Why don't you give it a try?

eyefish lens

... "fisheye". :B ;)

You could probably achieve the look in the photos by using selective liquify's, distortions, and moving objects to new layers to scale them indipendently.

Thanks a lot for the tips guys - I have a fisheye lens for my camcorder - I never thought about using that, I'll just take a few snaps with the camcorder and take it from there :perfect:

Thanks Again - Appreciated

Horse

Thanks for the correction Mindbender, I was in doubt when I wrote it...
In portuguese it's eyefish, just got confused... :perfect:

Back