What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Can you please reduce the amount of cleavage shown in this picture.

mywildflowers

I took family pictures and don't like that my dress is showing so much cleavage on this picture. Please help reduce the amount of cleavage. TIA!

IMG_4713 copy.JPG

Rich54

Guru
I didn't make any exposure or color adjustments to your photo, but even so, your original post seems more saturated than my edit. I'm not sure why that would be. Here's another version where I've increased the saturation.

dress2.png

JeffK

Guru
I didn't make any exposure or color adjustments to your photo, but even so, your original post seems more saturated than my edit. I'm not sure why that would be. Here's another version where I've increased the saturation.

Hi Rich -
You must have a great eye - I don't see much of a saturation difference between the two.
But I did see that the original image posted by the OP was a jpg image - your posted image was a png. Not sure if that's the difference you're seeing between the two and I don't think there's a saturation or gamut difference between them. Maybe @thebestcpu can jump in with his technical support.
It's that kind of a morning!
- Jeff

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Rich -
You must have a great eye - I don't see much of a saturation difference between the two.
But I did see that the original image posted by the OP was a jpg image - your posted image was a png. Not sure if that's the difference you're seeing between the two and I don't think there's a saturation or gamut difference between them. Maybe @thebestcpu can jump in with his technical support.
It's that kind of a morning!
- Jeff
Hi @JeffK and @Rich54
The OPs original image and your first image posted Rich are indeed mathematically identical except for the cleavage edits you completed. They were both sRGB color space as well. In the same color managed application they look and are identical. If you see a difference, there is something else going on (e.g. viewing on different monitors/apps/browsers etc) yet the source of the issue is not the color data or color space being used for either. Could be pursed on a different posting if desired.
Very nice edits btw.
John Wheeler

Rich54

Guru
Hi @JeffK and @Rich54
The OPs original image and your first image posted Rich are indeed mathematically identical except for the cleavage edits you completed. They were both sRGB color space as well. In the same color managed application they look and are identical. If you see a difference, there is something else going on (e.g. viewing on different monitors/apps/browsers etc) yet the source of the issue is not the color data or color space being used for either. Could be pursed on a different posting if desired.
Very nice edits btw.
John Wheeler

When I view the OP's image and my edit in Photoshop itself, they are identical. It's only when I post them here to the forum that I see a difference. The small thumbnails look identical to me, but when I actually log-in and look at them enlarged, it still seems to me that the OP's image is more saturated than my first post. Her knees are a good example of where I see a big difference. Very strange. Even if my monitor was somehow badly calibrated, it should be the same bad calibration for both images. I have not noticed this problem with any other posts—only this one. The only unusual thing I did was to post my edit as a PNG rather than a JPEG. I wonder if that has any relevence.

JeffK

Guru
When I view the OP's image and my edit in Photoshop itself, they are identical. It's only when I post them here to the forum that I see a difference. The small thumbnails look identical to me, but when I actually log-in and look at them enlarged, it still seems to me that the OP's image is more saturated than my first post. Her knees are a good example of where I see a big difference. Very strange. Even if my monitor was somehow badly calibrated, it should be the same bad calibration for both images. I have not noticed this problem with any other posts—only this one. The only unusual thing I did was to post my edit as a PNG rather than a JPEG. I wonder if that has any relevence.
Trying to get into the technology of images does make my head hurt. But I took a shot. Digging into this image comparison (jpg vs png) I can't come up with any definitive differences other than jpgs are better for images and pngs better for illustrations and linework. And the fact that pngs have transparency. What conclusion I did reach is that on your computer, both a jpg and png will look the same. I tried that - downloaded your image and the OP image, isolated the knee section as you mentioned, placed one on top of the other, and there was no discernible difference. Used eyedropper tool on both and only a few points difference which may be that I wasn't exact where I was taking the sample.
But - I did discover that uploading to the web, the two different image types will be interpreted and rendered with slight differences. Having fallen into a similar trap on this site, I now stay with the color profile (ie sRGB) originally uploaded as you did and then return as the same file type (ie jpg or png).
As a mentor once said to me, it's like trying to figure out how many angels can dance on the head of a pin!
But you do learn a few things along the way...:)
- Jeff

thebestcpu

Guru
HI @Rich54
That is indeed strange and agree with what you said so its a mystery why you see a difference.
Besides downloading your files and comparing (which were identical in all non-edited areas), I also copied the images from my monitor screen which included my monitor profile) and when comparing them there were extremely minor differences that could not be perceived as any visual differences by me nor by comparison measurements. Now I am using a MacBook Pro and also Chrome web browser with color management.

Have you tried other browsers to see if they produce differences for you. Both the JPEG and PNG had sRGB embedded profiles. If for some reason a web browser treated color management differently based on file format, that could possibly cause a difference yet I am unfamiliar with that type of issue. So still a mystery and maybe if you want to pursue this you could provide more details such as the OS you use and web browser you use where you see this issue. Still a mystery.

Rich54

Guru
Definitely a mystery, but I'm going to let it go and move on. For whoever is curious, I took a screenshot of what I see when I view the images in the PSG website. When I view these images in Photoshop itself, they are identical. But as you can see below, when viewed in the PSG forum there is a noticeable difference from the original post (left) vs. my first edit (right).

1603929020244.png

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi @Rich54
That's about the difference between sRGB color numbers and Adobe RGB / P3 color numbers.
Any chance of you sharing the web browser type and version as well as the OS you are using?
John Wheeler

Rich54

Guru
My web browser is Firefox version 82.0.2 (64 bit). The OS is Windows 10.
I know very little about these kinds of things. I'm not very technical.

thebestcpu

Guru
Still a mystery
Here are a couple links you can give a look to check on your browser color management settings.
This first link is self explanatory as you go through it to look for possible issues:
https://cameratico.com/tools/web-browser-color-management-test/

This second link talks about how to change Firefox color management settings to the preferred settings:
https://cameratico.com/color-management/firefox/

Its always possible its a windows color management setting yet I don't know the details of those settings anymore as I have been on a Mac for 12 years.
FYI
John Wheeler

Rich54

Guru
That actually worked! In your second link, it had me change two particular settings in Firefox to change the default values for untagged images. Now, when I look at the OP's original image above, it is much less saturated than it was before. My first edit now has the same colors as her original post.

Thanks for the tip.

Argos

Guru
I had this problem for a long time in this forum, but I assumed it has to be something like that because I never had any comments or complaints about it. too lazy t figure it out by myself do.... :joy: :joy:

So... thank you ^^

mywildflowers

I love these! Thank you guys so much. I have another picture similar to this that I will post on a new thread for cleavage reduction. I realize I should have worn a different dress for pictures.