What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colorise

Ants

This is my first attempt to colorise a family hierloom photo. My grandfather is the one with the gun. I can't wait to show it to my family.

Any suggestions to make it look better?

My only comment Ants is BRAVO you have done an excellent job here and I'm sure your family will be pleased. :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

Thanks Rick, I saw a simple tutorial to colorise a rose and I wondered what the effect would be on skin tones. I started with a face and the next thing I know it was 5 hours latter and I had a color photo thats almost 100 years old. I was amazed.

Ants, that's very well done. But what's the deal with the purple boots [sly]

You did an awesome job, I am sure you family will love it.

Sanby

Excellent job, Ants! :perfect: No doubt, your family will be impressed... and what a wonderful keepsake!!! :)

Wow, beautiful job, Ants, and a very interesting photo.

Very nice job with the pic.

Would you post a link to the rose tut that you used? It might help me as well as others to learn this process. Thanks.

As far as the purple boots go, I guess I like to think that my grandfather was a trend setter.
The colours you choose is just a guess. Maybe I should have made them brown for the purple look is growing on me.

Yes that's correct it does say rogue's retreat. The photograph was taken circa 1915. My grandfather was an apprentice at the time. They were building a big mansion for a wealthy landowner.

Wow, your five hours work truly paid, a great job on colorizing. Have bookmarked the URL for this tutorial, thanks alot.

very cool Ants........ you did a wonderful job :perfect:

and hey I like the purple boots........ actually I thought that they were a fadded black worn out type of colour he he he

well done and thanks for the link :perfect:
sfm

Back