What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Combine two people into one picture :)

walkinlightning

Hello, I have this two photos my bf and I made of each other on our first date. I would like to have them combined into one as if we had taken a picture together.

I know the quality it very different as they were taken on different phones. I‘m fine with it looking off as is will be printed in a very small size.

I don’t care about the background so it can be blurry or whatever is easiest to do.
Thanks so much in advance!

63F4E88C-F649-4809-9434-A29BA5CAC88C.png

233F5981-9A19-4410-BFA7-5FC23A43FB88.png

Argos

Guru
Looks good Rich, but maybe mirroring him would help match the light from the window.

Rich54

Guru
Looks good Rich, but maybe mirroring him would help match the light from the window.

I saw the same thing and I did consider mirroring, but I decided against it for two reasons. First, I usually avoid mirroring because people aren't symmetrical and, if you actually know the person, it doesn't look right when they're mirrored. Second, the guy's head is turned very slightly toward the woman. If I mirror him then he's turned slightly away from her, which would be the wrong "mood". After thinking about it, I convinced myself that the restaurant could have lights that come from many different angles, resulting in the shadow mismatch.

Argos

Guru
I imagined you had a reason for not doing it and makes perfect sense. when I saw the picture for the first time didn't shock me even with the lights being wrong and I also thought of another source of light from the restaurant as an explanation.

Thanks for the explanation.