What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Create Work Path

SMOk3

Power User
After creating a work path for my fire text effect (screen img), I ran into a problem. This being that I could not get rid of the "Work Path" unless I clicked on the main image itself (screen1 img). But when trying to select another layer via the Free Transform Tool (screen2 img) the "Work Path" would be selected instead.

After reaching out to the community for assistance on how to correct this, IamSam gave me the solution to this problem.

"The only time I could get the work path to show up in a free transform was when the work path layer was selected. Just go to your Paths Panel and click just below and off the path layer, then go back to your Layers Panel..............the path layer will no longer be selected and should not give you any more problems."

The above mentioned was the answer I was looking for, and if any others are having the same issue, then try this.

My psd file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/38rz908sor2641d/flame.psd

Youtube channel tutorial I was recreating:

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    375.6 KB · Views: 0
  • screen1.png
    screen1.png
    398.4 KB · Views: 0
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    376.4 KB · Views: 0