What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Created a brush, how to draw curved lines with it?

lurky

Hi,
I created a brush (first time) that produces a multi lines, for a motion effect. It looks great when they are straight, but I need them to be curved and I'm not steady enough to draw that freehand.
I'm familiar with drawing curved lines using the pen, but either you can't ( or I don't know how to) use the pen lines in conjunction with a brush.
What I need to do is create a curved line that I can use a guide, then draw the lines with my new brush.

Thanks!

Create a curved path using the Pen tool. With that path active, select the Brush tool with your new custom brush. In the Paths palette, click the icon that says "stroke path".

Another option is to draw a straight line with your custom brush, and then curve it using either the Warp tool or the Liquify filter.

Back