What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a blue color fade

intlowner

I've seen this effect done a number of time and I'm wondering how to do it for myself. What I'd like to do is make the image (currently on a seperate layer) change into a completely different color tone to match perfectly with the backdrop.

Any clues?

Here's an image:

here's how a friend did it

Here's how a friend did it..

This is a perfect example. Hopefully i'm not the only one wondering this :)

Blue Fade

How did you figure out what the #'s are for the colourize? I'm trying to do a similar technique right now, but can't seem to duplicate an exact color scheme.

how'd you figure it out? Thanks Gaussian!

I did it by just guessing :D

If you want a better technique:
  • Add a layer on top of this layer.
  • Use the color picker to pick the blue color.
  • Fill this new layer with this color.
  • Set the layer blending mode to color (2nd one at the bottom of the list) and you're done ;)[/list:u]

Learn EVERYTHING about blending modes or you're going to miss out on one of the most beautiful things of Photoshop ;)

People like you make this world great! Thanks for taking the time to make the snapshot adn such. Many many thanks!!

I LOVE PSG FORUMS!

You're welcome and please come back if you have more questions intlowner :)

Back