What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a Transparent Background

NikitaBigBank

Babine said:
I used Select/Select Subject and then refined the selection in Quick Mask mode, saved the selection to an alpha channel and uised this channel to make a selection to a new layer.

@Babine thanks too for the explanation. I'm still practicing my photoshop. I have another image where I wanna replace the red tones/hues to green and suggestions?

@Babine thanks too for the explanation. I'm still practicing my photoshop. I have another image where I wanna replace the red tones/hues to green and suggestions?
I would start with Select/Colour Range and use the samplers to get the particular colour/area selected .. maybe fine tune this selection in Quick Mask Mode. With this selection still active (marching ants visible) use Image/Adjustments/Replace Colour and the included samplers to get to the colour and hue that you prefer.

yeah that quite didn't give me the look I was aiming for. Their colors are Green & Yellow and in this image its red and yellow with the in-between colors flames so I just wanted to switch the colors around.
I would start with Select/Colour Range and use the samplers to get the particular colour/area selected .. maybe fine tune this selection in Quick Mask Mode. With this selection still active (marching ants visible) use Image/Adjustments/Replace Colour and the included samplers to get to the colour and hue that you prefer.

Back