What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating multiple image sequences from multiple large image files

featheredtar

Hello. I have an interesting predicament. I'm working on a project where I put flowers on scanners and have them scanned every 10 minutes. After a few days I make a video showing the flowers drying out. The problem is that I end up having a large amount of full scanner bed images which I then have to crop to the individual flower at hand (there are always multiple on the scanner at any given time.) Until now I've been simply making actions which crop the full scanner bed image to the specific flower and then have that saved. I can use PS's batch utility for this (but it's slow as I have to process each flower separately,) but i'd like to be able to make an action in which I input (make an action presumably) the dimensions of all the flowers on the bed and have them all go off to their respective image files. I had hope when I discovered the export layers to files script, so I made an action where I made each flower into its own layer and then used that script to export the layers. The problem is that the action I recorded also saves the specific file names for the new files chosen in the export layers script that were generated when I recorded the action-thus the images from the succeeding scanner bed images overwrite the previous set. If this makes sense, does anyone have any ideas that could help me?*

Basically I want to create sequences of multiple images from a sequence of hundreds of large files.

Thanks!