What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating multiple layers by copy

Aragorn1976

Hi, I would like to create multiple layers by copy after doing a selection in Adobe Photoshop CS6. At the moment, I am only able to do one new layer, then I need to do a new selection and generate another layer by copy, which is boring. I am trying to duplicate some parts of a fence!!!! Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Are you trying to copy the same portion of your image multiple times? If yes, then copy it once to a new layer. Then, with that new layer active, press Ctrl+J, which duplicates the layer. You can keep hitting Ctrl+J as many times as you need. It will only take a few seconds to create numerous copies.

Are you trying to copy the same portion of your image multiple times? If yes, then copy it once to a new layer. Then, with that new layer active, press Ctrl+J, which duplicates the layer. You can keep hitting Ctrl+J as many times as you need. It will only take a few seconds to create numerous copies.
Thanks a lot!!! It worked :)

Back