What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Painting (another attempt @ photorealism)

Brant73

Done in Photoshop CS2. All created using the path tool, gradients and brushes. I know it's not perfect but oh well :\
You can also see the progression HERE

Re: Digital Pianting (another attempt @ photorealism)

All right! Nice work once again. Keep it up!
:perfect:

Nice. I like the blurr on the inside of the cup, it makes it look like a spot focused photo.

Excellent work here Brant. You have a great eye for details. This is very photographic looking. :perfect:

If i had to point one thing out, it would simply be for you to make the shadow under the cup less visible, and 'harden' it abit. It's too soft. That should help make the cup look less like it's 'floating' on the saucer.

Well done. Show us more. :}

Actually... now that i'm thinking about it, there's another very important point to take note of if going for a photographic effect... Make sure your perspectives are in check. Have a look at my example image. Take note that the viewing angle the top of the cup is on, does not match the angle the saucer is on.

This is easy to rectify. Simply dupe the path used for the cups edge, and use that to create the saucer. Just scale it as i've done here.

Have fun. :B

Back