What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Displacement tutorial inquiry for theKeeper

Moth

Power User
Hi Mark!

I was looking for displacement map tutorials through Google and came across a listing that showed a man coming through a wallpaper like background. The link was a photoshopgurus.info address but when I attempted to follow the link I received your "typewriter" error page. Will this tutorial be available in the future?

Fantastic effect by the way.

:)

haha aaa... actually that's not mine, whatever it is. Probably a pic from one of the boards. Can you post the link so i can check it out?

Moth,

I used the link you provided (that's a great index of displace tutorials) and a PDF downloaded directly into Safari. I then saved it to my hard drive. This is possible because of a plugin which is free for personal, non-commercial use.

I'm using OS10.3.4, Safari 1.2.2.

PDF Plugin...

http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf/

Wow! That guy has beeen busy. One for a good browse at leisure.
Nice to see that he rates PSG so highly.

Moth, I downloaded that tutorial (click and auto downloaded) and it is clean of viruses.

Welles, if you are intent on downloading to your hard-drive instead of viewing the pdf in the browser, use Control+click and select Save Selected file as:

It is a lot quicker that viewing the pdf via the browser.
Also, have you tried using the Preview app as a pdf viewer?
It is PDQ (fast) :D
Or is this all a lesson on egg-sucking? ;)

Check out this PDFu doodah from If Then Software.
It lets you use a virtual printer to print out just about anything to pdf.
I use it all the time.

http://www.ifthensoft.com/index2.html

Cheers, Al.

Welles...

That's probably because i emailed Dale last night and told him about the broken file/link. ;)

Plus... i explained that that tutorial is not mine and my name should be removed from it. :B

So I guess the question now is, whose tutorial is it? \:]

It says that at the very bottom of the PDF file Moth.
On the left side i believe. ;)

Hmm. I downloaded the PDF but I get a damaged file error when I attempt to open it in acrobat reader. Is it working for every one else?

Ya don't download it Moth just click the link and let your browser open it. It works fine then. You can save it to disk after that. ;)

Back