What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDad

Guru
I noticed on the dark theme that no backing (transparent)images display a with background, like this
<<< (may avatar) I know the images I have tried are transparent.
What I am wondering is the white theme showing though, the avatar area and making it look white?
can any one else post a clear background on an avatar and not see white? just wondering

or is this a fault of KRF again? :cheesygrin:

I don't see any white in your avatar on the dark theme.... on Light Breeze it has a white BG but that's just the white of the theme showing through.

Okay what I did was add a color of the forum skin to the background so it really isn't clear but question still stands?
this is with out background
idadKMM_i-1.png

Ah see it's clear on here but not avatar area....... I is confused lol

I don't see any white in your avatar on the dark theme.... on Light Breeze it has a white BG but that's just the white of the theme showing through.
wait a minute i will change it with same one you see above

see avatar area white.... very strange

Let me see if I understand what you are saying....

You are saving your avatar as a PNG with transparent background, and you have tested the png to make sure it is being saved from PS as transparent.... but then you upload it as your avatar it shows up with a white bg?

If that is the case then I think I know the problem... the png pic with transparency you posted above is 154px wide and so the forum is resizing it to 150px (the maximum width for an avatar) and when it does that it loses the transparency. Just save it as 150px wide from PS and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back