What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downsizing, loading and arranging of image Collections

Matthias Pfau

I want to write a code that uses the following inputs
a) two integers say 3 and 5
b) two integers say 2000 and 3000
c) a collection of 3x5 images
Then performs the following operation
1) resizes each of the 3x5 images to the given size 2000 by 3000 pixels
2) load the 3x5 resized images into photoshop layers
3) organizes the images from lower left to upper right into a 3 by 5 grid of non overlapping images

Manually I can do all this but I use it often, its repetitive and labor intensive when you go to 10 by 10 arrays of images.
A photoshop action doesn't really do the trick because I want to downsize images before loading them into photoshop
and the creation of manual array is a pain.

Any idea how to go about it?

David-Hockney-kasmin.jpg

Hi Matthias
I would recommend going to Photoshop scripting (I am not expert) Some are experts on this forum yet there are many more at https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/photoshop_scripting

Gives much more programmatic control than just actions.

I think you would need to be more specific on what you want as well. e.g. how are the files saved/labeled so to recognize which one is the first image second image etc. Is that by name, creation time etc.

Also, your ratio of 3x5 images does not match the ration of 2000 x 3000 (that's different aspect ratio). So was that a mistake on your part or did you want resizing without having aspect ratioi locked.

Another factor is did you wan he white borders added or was that already part of the image.

With enough specifications I bet someone from the scripting forum could help.

Just a suggestion

John Wheeler

Back