What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit a overexposed image

Sokoban

Hi folks !!
I want to know how I will edit a overexposed image in Photoshop 7.0

Gratefull for answer !!

// sokoban [excited]

Hi Sokoban and welcome to the board :perfect:

Btw, loved playing the challenging game with that same name ;)

Correcting overexposed shots? Several ways to do it. You can correct the total image or just certain areas of the images, it all depends on the photograph. Don't expect any miracles if the image is heavily overexposed.

The best tool to use? Curves.

If you have a hard time with this tool...here's an interesting tutorial you might want to read: http://www.gurusnetwork.com/tutorials/photoshop/curves1.html

Maybe you can show as an example of a shot you want to correct.
If you still think that curves are too difficult to use; a lot of general corrections can also be done with the more straightforward tools.

Hi
I'm sure I'am not understand what you mean. I'm not expert on Photoshop. How I get a curves ??

// sokoban

- more than a game !

Welcome aboard Sokoban! :)
I'm sure I'am not understand what you mean. I'm not expert on Photoshop. How I get a curves ??
Go to Image>Adjust>Curves. But, before doing so, it would be greatly to your advantage to read and go through the tutorial on this subject, as Gaussian has indicated above. Just click on the link in his reply. ;)

Sokoban, it's impossible for me to know what your skill level is. Even when you say that you're no expert, I still have no idea what you're capable of, what your experience is and how much you're planning to use Photoshop, so that makes it difficult to find a right solution for you.

See, I know people who only use Photoshop to crop their images and change brightness & contrast so in those cases I advice them to use image/adjustments/levels or auto contrast ;)

Thanks for your help.
I have realised that you can't expects miracle with that edit overexposed image.

In the continuation I'am not take images agains light...

// Sokoban B7

Back