What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Edit Pokémon art

Fatbat

Hi
Hoping somebody can edit this please. I commissioned this Pokémon art for my son’s birthday which is great however the resolution probably isn’t up to it being blown up large on canvass as intended.

Can somebody please give me a hand and increase the resolution as large as is allowable and practicable for this forum and sharing for my intended large printed canvass? I was hoping to go as large as 48” x 36” or close

Thanks very much
Bat

7131215F-4060-4EEC-8723-C1F38D395104.jpeg

Have your printer take a look at this but I'm pretty sure this will print conciderably better at 44" x36" than the original Jpeg.

This PDF has an embedded structured graphic that can be extracted if needed (or not). Its a long way from perfect

Attachments

• Pokremon_3a.pdf
    220.7 KB · Views: 9
Thanks very much, XT.
I don’t know much about how the smaller pdf file can be higher resolution and quality than the bigger jpeg file, but that’s why I came here to find out, get some help and learn along the way. Thank you!

Will try this at the printers today and having realised the artwork is closer to square in shape, I’m gonna try 30” x 30”.

Here's a somewhat improved PDF graphic.

What I've given you is not a JPeg bitmap, which is a rectangular array of pixels. Instead this is a structured graphic which is a series of vector curves describing this image mathematically, Its very compact and is comprised of 399 shapes No good for photos but excellent for graphics like this.

I used an auto-trace program which produces some errors but no matter how large you print, there is always the same smooth curves and no stair stepping from non aliased pixels. This will open in any PDF reader or most internet browsers like Edge of Chrome. When you do... magnify to 100% it onscreen to about the size you want to print and see both the good and bad. When enlarged to 100% you will see only a small piece of the image unless you are viewing it on a really big monitor (....although then the stair stepping will be caused by a lack of screen resolution)

I arbitrarily saved it as a 33.46" H x 40" W graphic image on a 36"H x 44" W piece of paper. Your print house can scale it to any size to fit on any piece of paper as long as the proportions remain consistent for the image.

Attachments

• Pokremon_3c.pdf
    180.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thank you very much ex_teacher and illusion
Sorry for my delayed reply.

Not long after receiving ex_teacher’s first pdf, I went off to my local printer and submitted that file for printing so unfortunately I don’t use the other improved files you both kindly shared for me.

It came out great printed on 30” x 30” canvass! My son was really happy and surprised. To share a good outcome, here is a pic of my son Tom on his 10th birthday with the finished product.

Thanks again peeps :)

B686076B-BBFA-4C59-8AA9-15693C6D63A8.jpeg

Back