What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

emergency help needed

Amazing story Jackson and thank you for sharing it with us; she's a real winner :perfect:

Thanks for sharing the story. She certainly is a winner. I wish the media would print stories about people like her for all to read and be inspired.

Rich

A Challenge - Picture of Kim!!!

If you would like to take this "challenge" and help Jackson out by removing the background on Kim's photo and replacing it with a dark one, for yearbook purposes, it can be downloaded from http://www3.sympatico.ca/wbiss/Kim/Kim.jpg

Good Luck! :)

p.s. Image should be cropped to yearbook size of 1-1/2" w x 1-3/4" h

I can't say thank you enough. I'll be offline til in the morning because I work a 12 hour swing shift and I must get some sleep for my 12 hour shift that begins at 7 this evening. In reference to the last reply, I found a link to an article that ran in our local paper several months back, during fall tennis season. This explains her situation better than I did, Jackson
www.semissourian.com/story.html$rec=90228
not sure why the last part of this URL won't highlight, but if you highlight the entire URL and copy then paste in the address bar, it will get you to the article, or you can type in www.semissourian.com and enter Kim Anderson in the search box then scroll down to the article titled "Alive and Swinging" Thanks and goodnight, Jackson

Jackson, here is my (sized down for viewing purposes) yearbook picture of Kim.
All I did was paint out the background and paint in some "whispies" for hair.

Great job Wendy!

Sanby

Thanks guys! I now see that it could do with a little "lighting" tweaking...;)

Paint the whispies in?!
~smacks own forehead~

Top shelf, Wendy. Damn fine job.

Good morning everyone, I was really dragging after working 12 hours last night. After checking this forum for replies I've suddenly come to life! I am so pleased with Kim's picture that I can't quite find words that sound sincere enough to express my gratitude to you Wendy, and everyone else who replied with kind words and advice. There are obviously some very caring and compasionate folks who frequent this forum. Just before this post, I emailed Kim's new picture to her parents and they too, were very very pleased, to put it mildly. Her parents have just both retired and they asked me to extend their deepest thanks to all the contributing forum members, as I always give credit to whom it belongs. I will not be a stranger to the forum and will try my best to learn some new Photoshop tricks so I don't appear so helpless.
Happy thanksgiving to all! Jackson
[excited]
PS... here is a parting picture of the girls after winning the doubles division of the Turkey day Tournament that concluded this past Sunday in Cape Girardeau MO

Jackson, the image that I posted is only a low-res version. If you choose to use it, I have "tweaked" it a bit and you can download the full-sized version here
http://www3.sympatico.ca/wbiss/Kim/ The file name is kim_complete.jpg

Believe me, Jackson, it's my great pleasure to be of assistance! :)

Great image there of the girls! Thanks for sharing... and don't be a "stranger"! :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wooow, that looks great Wendy :perfect:
There's no reason for me to try to do better, since it's already perfect :perfect:

Tx Gauss. :)

Back