What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Enhance photo and brighten up faces in photo

Yellow100

Hi,

The photo my friend took was unfortunately against the light, so when I tried for ages to edit the light and colour settings, I got nowhere. Ideally, I want to know if someone is able to brighten up/ remove the shadows from the faces. Also if someone is also able to enhance the photo and try to make it a better quality image in general, as it literally looks like it was taken on an iPhone 4, than I would appreciate that. I don't know but maybe sharpen the image up a bit and make the photo not seem as dark (specifically people in photo). But brightening faces is most important. I don't want it to particularly have filters that makes it look like it was photoshopped, but obviously if needed to improve colours of photo, then thats ok.

The 1st photo is the original image, where as the 2nd photo is an edited version, which is the best I could do. I don't know if the edited version makes it easier to work on.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
I think you already know this, but the detail just isn't there to bring out in any significant way. You're just going to get variations of the same thing, like this.

3.jpg

Last edited:
I think you already know this, but the detail just isn't there to bring out in any significant way. You're just going to get variations of the same thing, like this.

@ThatEC is right - An inversion really highlights how little detail has been captured:
inversion.jpg

My top tips: Find a friend with a better phone and who isn't part moth ;)

Back