What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enlarge only portion of entire image?

yeahh

I know this is easy but I just can seem to get it right....I want to enlarge only a small portion of an image and leave the rest of the image intact. How do I do this??

Thanks!

How should it fit in the rest?

You can make a selection and choose Edit>Transform But then your enlarged selection will at least cover up part of your original work...

You can also save the selection before transforming, deselect after the transform, re activate the saved selection and cut the rest awat. But I don't see how this can be visually attractive.

Please give some more info.

good question

Asked this one my self before, seems like the only good way is like the previous post says. but i didnt get the effect that i wanted,but try it and see what you get.I tried distort and pespective, see what you can get from that. I also used the marque tool and under filter, distort, I tried the spherize on a specific area.Lots of distortion. good luck

Welcome abord yeahh! :)

Your quesiton seems to pretty much be answered so I will only clarify as to how I would do this...

First you have to isolate the area that you want to enlarge by making a selection with one of the marquee tools or the lasso tools. Once your selection is active (the little ants are marching) Copy (CTRL+C) your selection and paste (CTRL+V) to a new layer. Enlarge, stretch or distort to your heart's content! ;)

You can, of course, also go to the selection menu and add feathering to your selection. This will make the effect more gradual.

If this is the effect you're looking for, I will explain how to work with a layer mask:

:rofl: Great example, Erik!

Thanks guys....I got the effect I was looking for...The edit > Transform > "scale" got me what I was looking for. I was trying to enlarge a portion of a picture of some circuitry but wanted to still see the rest of the picture so you knew what you were looking at. Thanks again!

Back