What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EPS & Photoshop LE 5.0

cheryl

I am trying to open EPS files with Photoshop LE 5.0. Photoshop will preview the file, but when I try to open it, a message displays that Photoshop cannot recognize the file extension.

What's the deal? Any suggestions?

vogonpoet

Hi Cheryl and welcome to the forums :)

Photoshop LE, is the 'chopped down' version of Photoshop, and it is quite possible that as such, it doesn't support the .eps format.

I have never used LE so I am not sure, but what you could try and do is see if you can save from LE an .eps file format. (Save as). If it lets you do this, then in theory you should be able to read .eps files also? Just a thought.

Wild Stab: Maybe try renaming the file? lower case etc?

Anyone else got experience with PS LE?

hope you get it sorted :perfect:

Tron

Guru
VP I seem to remember that Erik used LE for a while
maybe he can shed a little light on this question

Erik

Guru
To be honest, I can't recall as I never used any EPS files with it.

But there must be a good explanation in the help files i suppose. By the way: they gave the PS5LE classroom in a book for free on their pacific site. I did find the link on the adobe forum. Unfortunately, I just lost all ,my links...

In the manual's index EPS is mentionned, perhaps you can find more info there, or in the help files...

Normally, Photoshop will have to render or rasterize vector information, and this is often very tricky. Still, it is a very useful technique as postscript is the main cause of printer's depressions. Therefore they choose more and more for PDF.