What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error 16, anyone?

GregB

Just decided to go all-in and get CC and latest PS. (Windows 7, 64-bit, all updates)

Well, I'm stuck in Error 16 hell. If it can be found online, it's been tried 7 times by me and now twice by Adobe Chat support through remote control. Seemingly nothing can solve this! Anyone have this problem *beyond* the permission errors issue? Someone else at Adobe suggested it was a "Licensing Issue" but didn't totally know. Awaiting next-level support but any faster wisdom is greatly appreciated.

GregB

Well, thanks, but check out my original post, particularly this bit:

If it can be found online, it's been tried 7 times by me and now twice by Adobe Chat support through remote control. Seemingly nothing can solve this!

So, quite naturally, both I and the Adobe Tech guys tried the very standard and most easily found answer on the internet as many as nine times.

GregB

Yes, we even activated the "Secret" admin account and installed it there, no go.

Obviously I'd rather not re-install Windows, particularly when every other piece of software on the planet simply installs and then works when I open it.

My feeling is that it's not *my* machine but some screwy thing Adobe software is trying to do. I mean there's like a tree of 9 applications that are running after you simply install Photoshop, and that's without Photoshop even running! JHC, you know?

Anyway, I'm keeping the "new SDD and Windows 10" dual-boot idea in my back pocket while Adobe cooks up other crazy things to try.

My hope was that someone with *personal* experience with this issue would chime in, someone who has personally overcome it. I really thought it was more widespread than it apparently is. Oh well.