What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error when using Actions (CS2 & CS3)

BexPuppies

Hi all,
Hoping someone might be able to help out with this one. I'm having all sorts of trouble using Actions. When I try to run a couple of actions I get the error message: The command "bla" is currently not available. ("bla" being whatever stage the action is at ie "move" or Object "layer "top" / "layer "bottom" etc). I've used these actions before (a few months ago in CS2) and they worked fine so I'm assuming something / somewhere has become corrupt (whether it be the action or something in PS that is required to run an action??). I've tried to run the action in different orders, starting with different layers, etc etc, and having different tools selected but I get exactly the same errors - there's an error for each stage of the action. I've deleted the actions from PS and "re-installed" them and that hasn't worked. I've also uninstalled and re-installed both versions of PS just in case it was something in a registry file that had become corrupt (I assume uninstalling and re-installing would fix them??) but it didn't make a difference - same errors. I'm now at a loss and would be grateful for ANY suggestions before I resign myself to never being able to use an action ever ever again :(.
Thanks!! Bex
PS I get the error as soon as the action is run - from the very first step all the way through to the very last step (if I keep clicking "continue" instead of "stop"). It finishes, but it makes a mess of whatever it was meant to do (paper curling for example).

Last edited:

Back