What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evening out over exposure on a subject

WilliamNB

Hey everyone,

So back story first. I got married in march of this year. As you can imagine, COVID had a toll on my wedding. This included the absence of a proper photographer and my sister filling in this spot (RIP my good wedding photos).. lol. I have some photos im trying to salvage with post edit but I am far from skilled at this and want to learn more. Unfortunately she decided to play with the settings and change file type to JPEG not RAW. :(.

The issue I have is a photo of my wife and mother before she walked the aisle. There is a glass door behind them which is causing a mass amount of over exposure on the left side of the picture. There is a slight flare over my wife's mothers body and she is faded from over exposed to under exposed because of the back lighting.
Does anyone know a way that this car be fixed? Essentially I want to equalize the contrast on the subject so that I can lower the rear exposure and make them POP!
If this is a bad explanation I can show what im referring too.

Thank you for the help and I hope I posted in the right thread
Cheers

Hey William. Without actually seeing the image, it's really hard to make suggestions. But posting the image is strictly up to you.

Hey William. Without actually seeing the image, it's really hard to make suggestions. But posting the image is strictly up to you.
I Figured so, :/
What are the rules for PMing if someone could make suggestions? I don't mind doing that but the wife might be opposed to me posting it.

Perhaps you could just post screen shots of the affected areas and blur out faces.

Back