What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excuse my language, but....

Alistair

Guru
What in the h*ll is this about!!!??? Is adobe.com just having problems? I would get this rarely, but it has happened twice in a row and I need to figure whats goin on. I bought it and its not ripped, so I dont get why the h**l its doing this!!! [upset] [upset] [upset] (argh, adobe [stuned] :\ ) So, what gives? BTW, this is happening while I try to recieve my weekly adobe updates ;)

I never want the program to check for updates; if there is one, then everybody talks about it ;)

To turn it off;

Go to Edit/Preferences/Adobe online...

Select Never and click ok

I download updates every week gaus. I just do it so I dont have to manually download updates, install stuff myself, etc. Its easy to do it. I want to download updates. :)

It simply looks like the problem is with ADOBE, not you/your system Alistair.

Their server is probably haing some problems at the time you use that function. I've noticed that ever since Adobe updated/redesigned their site, its been a lot slower at responding. So maybe they're having some server issues.

The exact wording used in that error is what leads me to my conclusion. I've seen similarly worded messages for other online programs.

However... i could also just be full of crap... :B

Alistair said:
I download updates every week gaus.
What updates? [confused]
They seldom have any...it's always update 6.01, 7.01 etc and that's about it :D

And just look at the problems that people had with 7.01... one of the reasons why I never prefer an automatic update; I always wait a few weeks. :)

My photoshop works fine... its jus the updating now. So gaus, how come weekly when it downloads the .awe files it takes a while, like its really updating something? [confused] [saywhat]

I never understood that either, because nothing is updated to my knowledge :\

Ooops, um, hehe. Since I dont have a server myself... "yet", I edited one of my early posts in my portfolio and posted the sig. Then I taged the image url to my sig ;) So, after mark got rid of my portfolio, thats gone, and I lost about over 200 posts [stuned] :{ :\ So, I need another way to do that.

Alistair...

Posting an image in a thread and then linking to it puts an undo strain on the server. That practise is also called "Leeching", and is considered bad netiquette.

Instead, i'll let you post your sig image to a thread again, i'll grab it and stick it on my server and you can use that url to link to it. Then i'll delete the thread. I'll keep the image on my server until you can acquire some server space for yourself somewhere. Try getting one of the many FREE SPACE accounts from around the Web.

Let me know when you've posted it and i'll PM you with the url to use as the link.

I don't understand Alistair... doesn't your ISP account come with a few MB of web space? That's where I posted my signature ;)

Mark, in the same train of thought.

A guy over on CArts forum recently discovered that a German (European anyway) website had linked to one of his portfolio pattern images and was using it as a background for their splashpage, obviously without his permission.

He replaced the image with a custom 'mooning' picture with a St. George flag across his cheeks. :rofl: :rofl: The website went on for about a week with this 'lesson in nettiquette'.
When they discovered it they were not happy bunnies at all. they were even more unhappy when the 'mooner' contacted them with screengrabs of his glory on their website and threatened them with all sorts of copyright infringement litigation. :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers Al

Rantin Al ... love it .. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rantin Al! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Great story... and a 'bare assed' lesson learned, for sure!!!

Now that would be my solution to deal with problems like that!!! :rofl:

Funny one Rantin Al ;)

Back