What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eye Protection Filter

Randy

Does anyone use one of these? Or might they interfere with monitor calibration and/or color management in general?
Having inhereted my wife's PC, I use one, and she swears it sharpens text and reduces overall eyestrain.
I'm worried it may interfere with my Photoshop.
Thanks,

Randy, I believe it does interfere. I just saw one at a store tonight, and what it showed on the front of the box was it takes away brightness and intensity, which is what alot of photoshop is about. Such as using plastic wrap with a lens flare, or having a blurred lens flare, with that thing on the monitor, it makes the image dull. ;) Why do you need to use that anyway?

I understand its useability very well. Traditionnal monitors are called CRT, meaning Cathode Ray Tube. They have an emitter from which electromagnetic rays are projected to the front, the screen. Of course, many penetrate, and interfere with your body, and eyes. If you're sensitive to it, too much putering takes away loads of energy, and people tend to be stressed, more agressive and exhausted. It can even lead to feelings of depression etc. Yetthis screen does change what you see as is prevents certain rays to come through.
Therefore, if you can afford it, the new flatscreens are much better as they ar based on different light generating principles. And they can be perfectly calibrated. Of course there's always a difference in quality, and also guarantee. Their weak point is that they are impossible to repair. So if you go for one, do stress on this point, and also on the contrast, the angle of view and the refreshing rate. The latter is very important for the gamers amongst us..

Erik, your a gamer? Or is that just something you said I dodn't understand? If you really are, tell me te best game titles, im curious :D I like oni the best of pc games for some reason, but son't have anything on this thing, onis actually on my brothers mac. I probably love it because he has a 21 in" monitor :D ;)

Back