What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Face touch up

Kallie11

I had some pictures done for my senior year and was wondering if someone could make my teeth look a little more white. One more thing if possible, maybe tone down the redness of my face! Would be much appreciated :) 583 Edit.jpg

Great work, @Rich54. If you have used Hue/Saturation layer on teeth, what values did you choose? Did you tick the Colorize option? Also, what values did you use for the face? On the other hand, if you used a different method, please let me know your approach. Thanks.

Great work, @Rich54. If you have used Hue/Saturation layer on teeth, what values did you choose? Did you tick the Colorize option? Also, what values did you use for the face? On the other hand, if you used a different method, please let me know your approach. Thanks.

Thanks for the compliment. I used three different Hue/Saturation adjustment layers, one for the teeth and two for the skin. For the teeth, I did a Hue/Saturation adjustment only in the Yellow channel, where I set the Saturation to -72 and the brightness to +35. (Obviously, I created a mask to affect only the teeth and not the rest of the image.)

For the face, I used two Hue/Saturation adjustments, but each of them only adjusted the Red channel. Years ago, I came across a whole set of skin retouching videos by Lee Varis, which I think are excellent. The video linked below specifically addresses a very precise way to deal with red, blotchy areas of skin. (The first 3 minutes of the video addresses jpeg color profiles. The Hue/Saturation portion of the video starts at about the 3:10 mark.) I used this technique twice, first to generally fix the red areas, and then a second time for a highly targeted adjustment on a few remaining spots.

Edit: forgot to add... for the face adjustment, after I was all done I masked-out the lips to return them to their original color.

Back