What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filter gallery is greyed out

wm17959

This is very frustrating and I hope someone can help me. I can't figure out how to activate the filter gallery when I open a new art board in CMYK colours because it's greyed out. When I open it in RGB colours it seems to work.

I also noticed that when I open the foreground and background colour menu it looks like this (see attached image). I just want everything back to the way it was before and I don't know how to do it. I did a quick search to find out about the filter gallery problem and learned that I should open it in 8 bits/channels, but that's what I'm in so that can't be the problem.

I hope someone can help with this. Maybe there's just a way to re-boot the whole program?

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 7.54.41 PM.png

wm17959

As far as the filter gallery is concerned, it does not work in the CMYK mode so there's nothing wrong with the program. You should be working in RGB.

Take a look here, this may be an option to try: http://planetphotoshop.com/accessing-grayed-out-filters-in-cmyk.html

Thank you Sam. I looked at that short article and I'll keep that in mind. I'm guessing that when producing an image for print (meaning CMYK colours) you do all the work in RGB and then switch over at the end before saving?

BTW, I figured out how to fix the colour picker issue I mentioned.