What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Font Size is not correct and I can't put it right - first po

pmcoggle

Howdy

I have a problem with my fonts they are all apearing larger than they should be in Photoshop 6.

Any font I choose is simply huge and setting the size down to 6 or lower makes no real difference!?!?

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the board

your problem may be a simple one...............

have a look at your image size and look down to see the dpi, you may find it is 300 dpi or higher, if you make your image a 72 or so then the text will become "normal" size
sfm

Hi pmcoggle and welcome to the board.

If you resize your image ( Image/Image Size... ), make sure that Resample Image is not checked.

Thanks Problem solved!!

It was that setting ... for some reason it was set to 1350 pixels per inch ???

Taken that down to 72 as suggested and all is working perfectly now.

Having thought about it I was working on some super high resolution photographs recently so perhaps that is where it was remembering those settings from?

Again many thanks I can now finish my buttons and get moving on to other things ;)

Welcome aboard pmcoggle! :D

Yes that resolution setting is something to keep an eye on! Sometimes I download pics off of the net and they're 1 ppi! [doh]

Back