What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

from 72 to 300 dpi retouching???

quiver

hello there !!!
i need to print a picture to a comercial decal for my car...
the original size is 1200x705 with 72 dpi resolution.
when i change the resolution to 300dpi with bicubic smoother it goes 5000x2937 with .

Is there a way to apply some filters like sharpen or play with the levels to get a better result?

i know that the result will not be perfect but i need some tips to make it look better....tips like sharpen or mess with the levels or anything else that will make the new maximized pic to look more decent!!!

i also bought a wacom tablet and i need to find some video tutorials showing how to paint...(all i could find was recorded videos from within the target window without speech, and i couldnt understand what tools or brushes they were using) is there any tutorial that shows how to draw with steps?like select this kind of brush,then use this tool ,select this color,change to this opacity blah blah blah?

72 to 300 DPI

Once your image is in a such a low resoution as 72 dpi, there's really no easy/quick way to make it a better-looking high-resolution file. If what you're working with includes text, re-type the text at the higher resolution. If it a picture, you're going to have to try and go in with the eraser & brush tool and clean things up manually, but it won't be fun. You can try to adjust the levels along with the brightness/contrast, but usually this doesn't help a whole lot. The easiest thing, if at all possible, is to ask whoever you got the graphic from to give it to you in a higher res. file. It's hard to be any more specific or give any more ideas not knowing the details of the file you're working with. (whether it originated as a vector graphic, a photo, etc.)

thanks !!!!
you have been very helpfull... i ll try to fix it cause the artist doesnt have a better res of the work-pic
thanks again !!!

Back