What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfm

Guru
[doh]
hey guys I know I have done this before and this has been asked and answered I am sure......... but I need help as I have been messing with this for the last couple of hours trying to remember

if you look at the image below you will see the first image that was sent to me had to have the white back ground taken out......... leaving the drop shadow in place and save for web as a gif file, tried the losy, perceptual or what ever it is etc and the mat choosing a blue that was close to the background blue and they all came out yuk as you will see below in the image....... so I thought I would just save the image as a jpg with the background already in it the same as the background in the web page.......... but now you can see a line or where it ends I should say I am so frustrated that I could pop my top and go out in the back yard and screem........... so could someone help me?
you know I even asked the printers who had created it to send it to me as a gif file and a psd with no white background........... they sent me a flattened psd file with a white background and a gif image with the white background....... am I not talking english here guys ............

sfm using Gaus's office wall to bang my head! [upset]

Try defringe on the text layer it should get rid of your outside border bud.If I end up with a border I usually just zoom in on the offending layer and look for the fringe and just whack it with the selection tool of choice :)

Or you can do it the easy way bud and on the jpg go the left or the right of your fringe and use your square selection tool,copy the area to a new layer and just nudge the sucker into place.

Also a habit I get into is cropping around the border of my images often,does not take much to get overflw which you forget about later.

Stu.

Hmmm.... looks like you're getting that outline Sue 'cause the backgrounds don't match up because of the slight pattern. Would work just fine on a solid background!

Is it not possible to find out the name of the font that the client used to create this logo and reproduce it? [confused]

Failing that, you just might have to zoom in real tight, remove the original shadow and apply a new one on a transparent background. Tedious but it's what I would do, failing the above. :\

Not so much you can do about it Sue.
There is one solution that you could use, but also not 100% perfect.
Save the GIF including the shadow as a transparent GIF and change the matte colour to a colour that closely matches the global background colour (color picker).

The following attachment is a screen shot of the result in dreamweaver, using a separate background and a transparent foreground image (text incl. shadow).

thanks guys for your help........ still working on it

Stu I know why I have the line or rather the edges of the image show up on the web page....... it is because the background doesn't match up with the background in the image, I even tried a larger canvas and fill the area with pattern layer of the background then just saved merged image as a jpg........ the edge can still be seen [upset]

Wendy I have sent you my psd where the layers of the drop shadow have been carefully taken out so that I could put my own drop shadow in, I will post here if I can 2 images, the first will be the text with no drop shadow no background and the second will be the background

Gaus yes I have tried that with the losy on 3 matt colour 799dba I think but it didn't work or look good....... actually I did it that way before I removed the original drop shadow, might have another go at that with my drop shadow.

I would have just uploaded my psd here but zipped up it was 189 so it is just out of reach :{ all I want to do is save the text with a drop shadow and no background [confused] anyone would think I was trying to do so miraculous feat! [oops]
sfm

As far as saving in a transparent gif format is concerned, the problem you have, Sue, is that you have to choose a "blue" matte that looks best. Your background is patterned and encompasses more than one shade of blue... hence, you'll always have a "little" fringe. It'll take some experimentation to find the shade that works best! ;)

Sue Sue Sue Sue Sue...

I thought we went over this awhile back guys?!

Here... take one of these, and call me in the morning.

RemoveWhite.8bf
RemoveBlack.8bf

[slick]

;\ This is fabulous!

Just

There is a reason boys and girls that he is THE GURU, Mark I use your remove white/black filter quite a lot, but didn't see where they would apply to this problem [confused]

theKeeper said:
Sue Sue Sue Sue Sue...

I thought we went over this awhile back guys?!

Here... take one of these, and call me in the morning.

RemoveWhite.8bf
RemoveBlack.8bf

[slick]

ha ha ha Mark yes we have gone over this before......... but with the 16 hour days 7 days a week since before Christmas is making my brain turn to mash potato at times! he he he

For me Gaus was on the track and Wendy - Fabulous Wendy :perfect:
held my hand through this in the background and helped me with this one....
I did just what she said.......
save for web options.........
gif
selective
no dither
0% lossy
32 colours
matte colour 6995b2
web snap 0%

worked a real treat

when I first did this I had simply removed the white background but left the drop shadow and did as Gaus explained........ it came out looking like some 60's pic and really noticeable on the web page......... I had to go back and remove the original drop shadow and put my own in then do as Gaus and Wendy said.........

you see I had remembered all along what Gaus said ages ago..... use the matte colour of your background but it was just too much .......... I really should take a break I know but I can't not yet just too much to do ;\
sfm

:D :perfect: Sue! We like to see happy Gurus around here! So glad that it worked out for you, in the end! :)

And holding each others' hands is what it's all about here! ;)

well yesterday you save both my sanity and heaps of time I really appreciate the help that you have given so thankyou :perfect:
sfm

You know Sue, the word frustrating in the subject always helps :D

We don't want to see our members frustrated or do we ;)

I'm glad that things are working now and nice of you Wendy to take the time to solve the problem for Sue :perfect:

hey Gaus now if we could just get a photo to be saved with a transparent background keep the quality of the photo and save it as a gif I would be a happy chappy and save hours :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

you guys have been the best and so helpful

potato mash brained sfm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back