What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

get different save as dialog boxes for almost identical files...

nurgle

Hi, when I assemble my poster images and try and save them they vary in size from 300meg to 400meg. (I have large format printers. but lost my 44" printer in the 2011 floods)

one dialog box gives me the options of many formats, and they other a very limited range.

I am guessing the size of my files if jus on the border range that borders the Photoshop Large file size...

does anyone know if these is a file limit on some formats...?

regards

Sandy

different save as dislogs.jpg

I don't fully recognize that Save As dialog box. How are you attempting the Save As function?

I also noticed that on your dialog box there's an Embed option - one box is ticked on and the other is off. Can that create a change in function for Save As?

1649260740916.png

- Jeff

Hi, thanks, but they were all multi layered at the time I first save them, some up to 20 lavers, then as I continue to work, and retouch, I progressive flatten them..

it is not. great concern, as I only work in PSD format, and only ever had less than a handful of files that went over 1 TB... (44" printer)

just curious as to why. this never happened in Photoshop CS6..(hence this post). and only been on Photoshop 2022 for less than a month. (Using Photoshop since it first came out, and Macs sine 1985)

I also get different options of the document embedded color profile.

I will do some investigation when I can.

Thanks for you reply. regards, Sandy.

I don't fully recognize that Save As dialog box. How are you attempting the Save As function?

I also noticed that on your dialog box there's an Embed option - one box is ticked on and the other is off. Can that create a change in function for Save As?

View attachment 128568

- Jeff
the embedded option only applies to the Colour profile. I always use Adobe 1998.

Back